Friday, September 26, 2008

The First Debate

I have to say that the debate was more even than I had imagined, but maybe that's because we hear what we want - as in, I want to hear Obama as an intelligent, level-headed, future president type and I hear McCain as a geriatric, stilted conservative who is more interested in pomp and circumstance than actual politics. Maybe that's unfair... either way, Obama kept above the fray and effectively defended his foreign policies and vision for the future.

On that note... I'm learning more about Joe Biden. Some facts that I think make him a much more effective VP candidate than Sarah (at least in terms of family values) - he's been in the senate for 30 years... and has commuted via Amtrak that entire time. He has commuted from his home in Delaware to DC to be home with his boys since his first wife and infant daughter were killed in an accident when the boys were toddlers.  This is the type of person I want in office. 

He may put his foot in his mouth, but at least he's able to open that mouth and voice his opinions. All my support to the rally in Anchorage tomorrow - let's show the rest of the nation that not ALL Alaskans are for Palin!

No comments: